Join Legal Aid of North Carolina and the Disability Awareness Council for a free online webinar about fair housing and the rights of people with disabilities, including reasonable accommodations and modification requests. This is a free webinar, but registration is required.
Webinar: Fair Housing Rights of People with Disabilities
January 19, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.
Topics that will be covered:
- Who is protected by the Fair Housing Act?
- What properties are covered?
- What are reasonable accommodations?
- Can a reasonable accommodation be used to avoid an eviction?
- How do I file a fair housing complaint?
- Who can I contact for help?
Presenter: Lauren Brasil, Co-Director and Managing Attorney, Fair Housing Project Legal Aid of North Carolina
Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions. You may also e-mail us to submit any fair housing questions in advance of the training.
This webinar is sponsored by the Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina and the Disability Awareness Council. The event is funded in part through a grant under the Fair Housing Initiatives Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.