Join Legal Aid of North Carolina and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations Department for a free webinar on fair housing law and tenant’s rights on June 4, 2020. While the webinar is free, advanced registration is required.
The Fair Housing Act and Tenant’s Rights
Thursday, June 4, 2020
12:00 – 1:30 pm
This program will cover the following topics:
- Is COVID-19 a disability?
- Who is protected by the FHA?
- The eviction process in NC
- Tenant protections under CARES Act
- How to file a fair housing complaint in the City of Charlotte and unincorporated Mecklenburg County
Speakers will be Jeff Dillman, Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina; Isaac Sturgill, Legal Aid of North Carolina; and Luis Matta, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations Department
Who Should Attend?
- Housing Advocates
- Property Managers
- People interested in fair housing
Click here to register for this free online event.
This webinar is sponsored by the Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations Department. This event is funded in part through a grant under the Fair Housing Initiatives Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.