The Fair Housing Project of Legal Aid of North Carolina and the City of Raleigh’s Fair Housing Hearing Board are excited to announce the 16th Annual Raleigh Fair Housing Conference.
April 18, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
1101 Gorman Street
Raleigh, NC 27606
This year’s conference will feature two plenary sessions:
(1) Fair Housing and Natural Disasters
- Madison Sloan – Director, Disaster Recovery and Fair Housing Project, Texas Appleseed.
- Adrienne Kennedy – Community activist, Vice Chair of Robeson County Disaster Recovery Committee & Seeds of H.O.P.E. Project Disaster Relief Center in Lumberton, NC
(2) Fair Housing and Economic Displacement
- Jessica Holmes – Chair of the Wake County Board of Commissioners
- Jesse McCoy – James Scott Farrin Lecturing Fellow and supervising attorney for the Duke Law Civil Justice Clinic
- Susan Perry Cole – President, Chief Executive Officer, NC Association Community Development Corporations.
Confirmed keynote speaker is Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II, President & Sr. Lecturer of Repairers of the Breach; Co-Chair of the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call For Moral Revival.
For more information and to register, click here. Registration will fill up quickly so we encourage you to sign up early.
This event is hosted by the Fair Housing Project of Legal Aid of North Carolina and the City of Raleigh’s Fair Housing Hearing Board.
More from this Newsletter Issue: Winter 2019
Subscribe to the Newsletter