Join Legal Aid of North Carolina for a free webinar on fair housing law and tenant’s rights on Thursday, March 4, 2021. While the webinar is free, advanced registration is required.
The Fair Housing Act and Tenant’s Rights
Thursday, March 4, 2021
12:00 – 1:30 pm
This program will cover the following topics:
- Who is protected by the Fair Housing Act? How do fair housing laws protect people with disabilities, families with children, and others?
- Is COVID-19 considered a disability?
- The eviction process in North Carolina
- Tenant protections under the CDC Order and other COVID-19 protections
- How to a file a fair housing complaint
- Jeff Dillman, Co-Director, Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Andrew Eichen, Staff Attorney, High Country Office, Legal Aid of North Carolina
Who Should Attend?
- Housing Advocates
- Property Managers
- People interested in fair housing
This webinar is sponsored by the Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina. This event is funded in part through a grant under the Fair Housing Initiatives Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.