Join Legal Aid of North Carolina and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations for a free webinar on fair housing law and tenant’s rights on September 23, 2020. While the webinar is free, advanced registration is required.
The Fair Housing Act and Tenant’s Rights
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
10:00 – 11:30 am
This program will cover the following topics:
- Who is protected by the Fair Housing Act? How do fair housing laws protect immigrants, families with children, and victims of sex harassment?
- Is COVID-19 considered a disability?
- Latest information on eviction and tenant protections in the time of COVID-19
- How to a file a fair housing complaint in the City of Charlotte
- Lauren Brasil, Staff Attorney, Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Luis Matta, Community Relations Specialist, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations, City of Charlotte
Who Should Attend?
- Housing Advocates
- Property Managers
- People interested in fair housing
This webinar is sponsored by the Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Community Relations Department. This event is funded in part through a grant under the Fair Housing Initiatives Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.